Monday, June 29, 2009

The Long and Winding Road

Where to begin? I never thought I'd have even a remote interest in blogging, but here I am, typing away. Who knows how often I'll update this, but it will be nice to know it exists should I have the sudden urge to sound my barbaric yawp across the rooftops of the world...or at least the internet's equivalent of a roof, whatever that may be.

Big news this morning: I just purchased tickets to see Sir Paul McCartney at Fenway Park in Boston!!! I've been waiting years for him to announce another tour. See, I'm a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to Beatles appreciation. I always understood, at least to some degree, their importance to music, but for most of my life thus far, I only associated the Beatles with "She Loves You" and other similarly overplayed songs. It wasn't until sophomore year of college that I had the epiphany, where I suddenly "got" the Beatles.

I got to see Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band last summer, and it was quite amazing, so it's pretty cool that I get to see Paul now. I should probably see Sean Lennon and Dhani Harrison play sometime just to complete the circle as much as possible. To top things off, I'm going with three of my very good friends, all of whom appreciate the Beatles to the same degree as myself, which should make for quite the experience.

Oh, and I've never been to Boston, so I've got that going for me too.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment